The Pre-School stage between toddler-hood and going to primary school is a very special time in the life of a child. This is a stage in which children step out into the Pre-School world, without their parents and begin to acquire important social and learning skills.
At Rafles we aim to:
- provide the basis for the social, emotional, intellectual and physical development of your child, in a way that is fun, un-pressured, but stimulating;
- encourage each child to use his/her own natural individuality, initiative, creativity and foster higher levels of concentration.
- children are allowed to develop at their own pace, so as to become independent secure and confident, and aware of the world around them.
- children will not be hurried through their own particular stage of play, nor distracted from their particular interests, which we hope to develop.
- children will be encouraged to make their own discoveries through play.
We begin to follow the Letters and Sounds phonics teaching programme supplemented with an introduction to Jolly Phonics when the children are ready.
We have built close links with local schools to ensure that children are able and ready to make the seamless transition from nursery to school.