Food is the source of life. Children need the right start in life and healthy well balanced meals should be a part of every child’s life. At Rafles Nursery and Preschool we have worked hard to ensure that we provide a varied menu with appealing food for the children. We have individualised weaning menu’s for children under one and for all other children we have a two week rotational menu which changes every three months with the seasons.
We try and use produce that is locally sourced (eggs from a local farm, vegetables from local grocers and even our own garden). We also have an on site cook who caters for the childrens’ daily nutritional requirements.
Our menu’s are reviewed by a nutritionist and and we try and ensure that during the course of the day the children will be offered at least five portions of fruit and vegetables.
- Breakfast is served until 8:45 a.m and includes a variety of cereals and toast served with milk.
- Snack usually includes a combination of fruit, raisins, crackers and freshly baked scones when available.
- Lunch will be a freshly prepared balanced hot meal such as roast chicken, steamed vegetables, roast potatoes and gravy followed by a healthy dessert such as natural yoghurt with fruit.
- Tea will be a light meal such as spinach and cheese flan served with mixed salad.
- Children have access to healthy drinking water at all times and can request a snack of crackers and yoghurt at any time.
We cater for all dietary requirements and allergies.
Summer - June 2016 - August 2016
[table id=3 /]
[table id=2 /]