Food is the source of life. Children need the right start in life and healthy well balanced meals should be a part of every childâ€™s life. At Rafles Nursery and Preschool we have worked hard to ensure that we provide a varied menu with appealing food for the children. We have individualised weaning menuâ€™s for children under one and for all other children we have a two week rotational menu which changes every three months with the seasons.
We try and use produce that is locally sourced (eggs from a local farm, vegetables from local grocers and even our own garden). We also have an on site cook who caters for the childrensâ€™ daily nutritional requirements.
Our menuâ€™s are reviewed by a nutritionist and and we try and ensure that during the course of the day the children will be offered at least five portions of fruit and vegetables.
- Breakfast is served until 8:45 a.m and includes a variety of cereals and toast served with milk.
- Snack usually includes a combination of fruit, raisins, crackers and freshly baked scones when available.
- Lunch will be a freshly prepared balanced hot meal such as roast chicken, steamed vegetables, roast potatoes and gravy followed by a healthy dessert such as natural yoghurt with fruit.
- Tea will be a light meal such as spinach and cheese flan served with mixed salad.
- Children have access to healthy drinking water at all times and can request a snack of crackers and yoghurt at any time.
We cater for all dietary requirements and allergies.
Summer - June 2016 - August 2016
|Quorn Lasagna served with Vegetables|
Ground Rice Pudding
|Sausages served with Bake Beans|
|Tuna Fish Cakes, Homemade Chips and Peas|
|Nursery Fried Rice|
|Beef Chili served with Rice and Vegetables|
Apple Crumble and Custard
|Tomato and Basil Pasta|
|Roast Chicken, Roast Potatoes and Vegetables|
|Club Sandwiches served with Crudités|
|Mediterranean Pasta Bake |
Ice - Cream
|Toasted Ham and Cheese Muffins served with Crudités|
|Beef Bolognaise served with spaghetti and mixed vegetables|
|Toasted Cheese Muffins|
|Turkey Enchiladas served with seasonal Vegetables|
|Leek and potato Soup served with Bread|
|Sausages, New potatoes and vegetables|
White Chocolate Chip Cookies
|A selection of Sandwiches served with Crisps|
|Salmon Teriyaki served with Noodles|
Jelly and Custard
|Potato wedges served with beans|
|Quorn and Leek pie served with Potatoes and Vegetables|
|Cheese with a selection of Biscuits, cold meat and Crudités|